Welcome from the Guidance Department!
Here at St. John Neumann Catholic High School, we are committed to providing a quality Catholic education, which prepares you for the rigorous college environment you will face.
We are rooted in faith, personal responsibility, and selfless service. When you graduate from Neumann, your resume will have more than just words on a paper, but will contain life altering experiences that will stay with you for the rest of your life.
Ms. Laura Roszkowski, Guidance Director
- 100% of Class of 2016 graduates were accepted to 4 year colleges
- 96% of Class of 2016 matriculated to a 4 year college
- 12 Advanced Placement courses taught on campus
- Average Class Size: 17 students
- Annual College Fair each Fall
- Advisory Program – students meet with faculty advisor quarterly to ensure you meet, and usually exceed, Florida graduation and Bright Futures course requirements
Additionally, SJNCHS utilizes Naviance, a comprehensive college and career readiness system that helps you connect academic achievement to post-secondary goals.
Together, the faculty, administration, and Guidance Department work with you and your parents to provide a holistic approach to your four-year experience, demonstrated by our graduation rate, Bright Futures recipients, and community service logs.
- Inventories to assess personality, interests, and strengths
- College Scholars course designed by the Guidance Department, which includes career presentations, job shadows, career interviews, and education required for those careers
- Annual Career Day each Spring
- We are a family, and you are not just a number
- Individual counseling: not just for schedule changes
- Counselor to Student ratio of 1:243, versus Florida’s average 1:491
(Source: FSCA, 2013)